struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Struts 1 & Struts 2 file upload problem
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:27:07 GMT
Rubbinio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have an old application written in Struts 1 and we started adding new
> features in Struts 2. In the old application we had a file upload form which
> was working fine.
>
> After adding Struts 2, the form does not work anymore because the file field
> is not populated in the form anymore and it is always null.
>
> In the sever console we can see : org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher
> getSaveDir which does not show up if Struts 2 is removed.
>
> Is there any way to have both file uploads ( Struts 1 and 2 ) working in
> parallel ? And if yes how ? If not how can we disable the Struts 2 file
> upload ?

These should be able to co-exist without problem. You need to include
details of your configuration; I suspect you have your Struts 1 servlet
mapping and Struts 2 filter mapping configured in such a way as to cause
both to be invoked on the same request. Since multi-part request parsing
is handled by Struts, not the container, this could well cause a conflict.

If that's not what you've done, or you fix that and still have the same
problem, re-post with complete details of your relevant configuration
(including web.xml, struts.xml and struts-config.xml excerpts at least)
so we have enough information to help.

L.