struts-user mailing list archives

From "Toni Lyytikäinen" <tol...@gmail.com>
Subject Converting action configuration from 2.0 to 2.1 - how to convert parameters to actions
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:11:03 GMT
Hello,

I'm in the process of converting a Struts 2.0.11 application to Struts
2.1.1, and ran into some trouble concerning the action result configuration
in struts.xml. Basically this is what I had in 2.0.11:

<result name="edit" type="redirect-action">
  <param name="actionName">Users_edit</param>
  <param name="parse">true</param>
  <param name="name">${user.username}</param>
</result>

This resulted in an url like http://.../Users_edit.action?name=toni

But for 2.1.1 this approach isn't working, as it throws an exception:

There was an exception while instantiating the result of type
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult
Caught OgnlException while setting property 'name' on type
'org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult'. - Class:
ognl.ObjectPropertyAccessor
Caused by: ognl.NoSuchPropertyException:
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult.name

What do I need to do to make these kind of  definitions compatible with
Struts 2.1.1?