struts-user mailing list archives

From Randy Burgess <RBurg...@nuvox.com>
Subject Re: struts2 & displayTag how to use checkBox; Problem: translating the fieldValue
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:47:19 GMT
It sounds like you are using Struts 2.0.11+ and if this is the case then EL
is not allowed in Struts tags.

Regards,
Randy Burgess
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Nuvox Communications

> From: xianwinwin <xianwinwin@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:40:19 -0700 (PDT)
> To: <user@struts.apache.org>
> Subject: struts2 & displayTag how to use checkBox; Problem: translating the
> fieldValue
>

> Hi all,
>
> I have a table with a list of buyers. Each buyer has a checkBox that the
> user can click and decide if he wants to work with them.
>
> I'm using displayTag and this is my code:
>
> <display:column><s:checkbox theme="simple" name="userCheck"
> fieldValue='${entityId}'/></display:column>
>
> I wonder why I don't get the *value/content* of the userCheck. Instead, I
> get ${entityId} (this really very string)
>
> any idea how to get the entityId (the number)?
>
> thank you!
> --

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this Message has been addressed to you in
error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please
delete it (including all copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this
Message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of
confidentiality and/or a privilege.