struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Looking for a util to set parameters on an object
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:10:51 GMT
Greg Lindholm on 23/04/08 20:36, wrote:
> I have an object and a Map of parameter/values and I'm looking for a utility that will
match up the parameters with the setters on the object, call the setters and handle conversions
for primitive types.

> I know that OGNL is being used to do this on actions from the ParametersInterceptor.
  I tried tracing this down in the debugger and it seems to be way more complicated then I
need (i.e. uses a value stack and a context and support full OGNL expressions etc.)

> Is this facility available in a (simple to use) standalone utility?
>
> I could write it but why re-invent the wheel since I'm sure it exists already.

org.apache.commons-beanutils