struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: ActionMapper - obtaining it in a taglib
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:23:07 GMT
Dave Newton on 21/04/08 18:29, wrote:
> --- Adam Hardy <ahardy.struts@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:
>> I want to obtain the ActionMapper so that I can get the URL for an action,
>> in the same way that the Form taglib does it:
>
> Does the @Inject annotation not work for you?

It works, but it doesn't light my fire. I just had a quick google to try to find
something erudite about when annotations are inappropriate but couldn't find
what I was looking for.

Essentially there's something fishy about the usage of IoC if you have to
annotate your setters.

Ironically I did find this hilarious but irrelevant example of bad usage of
annotations from google though (quote)

Finally, there's the ultimate abuse (from Google Guice):
@ImplementedBy(ServiceImpl.class)
public interface Service {
This one is so bad it doesn't need explaining.
(unquote)