struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Best practise for populating a select from database so that it works for all result types
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:55:07 GMT
Hi Toni

there are several different approaches. The one I use has an Edit action and a
Save action. The Edit action fetches the dropdown list and puts it in the
request and results in the form jsp.

The form submits to Save and if validation fails, the Input result is
resultType="chain" and pipes the request back to the Edit action.

HTH
Adam