struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: Struts 2 AJAX editable grid
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 02:46:28 GMT
tom tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What exactly the benefits of moving from struts 2.0.6
> 2.0.11.

Mainly important bugfixes and security fixes.  There are few new features.
2.0.x -> 2.1 provides better ajax tags and new plugins.
> As far as the Ajax support is concerned, we do have a
> requirement to have a editable grid,
>
> Is this facilitated within struts 2?

There is no tag bundled in struts 2 but Struts2 can serve data to
editable grids provided by any client-side library.
> What is the best way to achieve it.

Review the available editable datagrid options (eg. yui, ext, dojo1+),
examine their table model requirements, create an action that serves the
model (as json, xml or whatever the component requires).