struts-user mailing list archives

From Peter Theissen <peter.theis...@web.de>
Subject Problem with submitting an additional param in a form
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:46:08 GMT
Hello everbody,

I'm new to Struts2 and also this mailing list.
I'm programming a user management for a non-profit organisation.

My question is now:
I have started with the basic struts2 application. In the index.jsp
there is a form which looks (nearly) like this:

            <s:form action="saveReg" validate="true">
                <s:param name="status" value="waiting" />
                <s:textfield id="id" name="registration.id"
cssStyle="display:none"/>
                <s:textfield id="firstName" label="First Name"
name="registration.firstName"/>
                <s:textfield id="lastName" label="Laste Name"
name="registration.lastName"/>
                <s:textfield id="email" label="Email"
name="registration.email"/>
                <s:submit theme="ajax" targets="registrations"
notifyTopics="/save"/>
            </s:form>
<<<
Why cant I append the paramter 'status' and pass it through to the
action class?
I read a lot of docs and faqs but didnt find the answer.
Is it my mistake, a bug or do I need a certain workaround?
I thought about taking a display:none textfield, but it would make me
quite unhappy to start the project with dirty tricks and workarounds ;-)

Any help appreciated.

Best regards
Peter