struts-user mailing list archives

From egetchell <eric.getch...@distributedlogic.com>
Subject Struts2.1: Is Validation Annotations on Nested Objects Supported?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:48:12 GMT

Hello,

Does anyone have an idea how to invoke validation annotations on nested
objects?

We’re using hierarchal objects in Struts 2.1 and the validation annotations
do not seem to be firing on the child objects.

For example I have a Customer object which has an Address object as an
attribute.  Annotations on the customer object fire correctly, but the
annotations on the address object are not invoked.

We’re using the VisitorFieldValidator on the Action and the
validate.validateAnnotatedMethodOnly parameter on the interceptor stack.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Eric Getchell | Sr. Technologist

Distributed Logic Corporation