struts-user mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FormFile to Next Page
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:38:14 GMT
2008/3/27, Tom Holmes Jr. <tom@tomholmes.net>:

> Anyway, my question is after I upload my file and look at the data, I
> want to hold onto that file to the next page.

> Can I do this, or do I need to parse the entire file after the first
> page, and then how would I persist this without writing it to a database.

You need to parse the input stream as it comes. The reason why the FormFile
does not return an input stream at the following request is that the input
stream is connected to the previous HTTP request.
How you can persist it is a problem of yours, Struts cannot help in this.
But anyway, I suggest to parse that file and "remember" only the portions
you really need.

Antonio