struts-user mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to enable the client side validation?
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:35:48 GMT
2008/3/26, Chen Chunwei <out-chenchunwei@cn.panasonic.com>:

> There's an attribute in <html:javascript> named method. You can specify a
> name in this attribute such as validateForm. Then specify the onsubmit event
> of the actual form with "return validateForm(this);". After all, the
> javascript works.
>
> The above solution comes from my colleague. But I wonder know is there any
> document refer to this? Or it should be a common sense?

Good catch. In fact, I think that the docs should be fixed, because also in
the draft docs there is no reference about it:
http://struts.apache.org/1.x/userGuide/building_view.html#validator

So feel free to open an issue (and provide a patch, if you can :-) ):
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/STR

Antonio