struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jiang, Jane (NIH/NCI) [C]" <jian...@mail.nih.gov>
Subject RE: Message surviving redirect
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:02:13 GMT
Instead of type="redirect-action", did you try "chain"?

-----Original Message-----
From: chubi [mailto:chubi-shuki@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:05 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Message surviving redirect

Hello,
----I have posted the same problem in a previous thread, yet got no
reply,
but I'm really stuck with it and spending days trying to solve it, in
vain... ----

I have two actions: editFeature and saveFeature. Whereas editFeature
should
submit successfuly to saveFeature the latter performs and redirects
transparently to editFeature again. This is ok using redirect-action.

But in case when validation fails after submission, I get back to
editFeature with all error messages lost.
I read a previous thread talkin about the same problem and giving a
satisfying solution with the store interceptor, though I could not come
solve my problem.
Here is my struts actions:
pst: the store interceptor tags do not show correctly in this thread.

 <action name="editFeature"
class="com.intelligile.lms.webapp.action.FeatureAction" method="edit">
                        <interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" />
                        <interceptor-ref name="store">
                                RETRIEVE
                        </interceptor-ref>
            <result>/WEB-INF/pages/featureForm.jsp</result>
            <result name="error">/WEB-INF/pages/featureList.jsp</result>

        </action>

        <action name="saveFeature"
class="com.intelligile.lms.webapp.action.FeatureAction" method="save">
                        <interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" />
                        <interceptor-ref name="store">
                                STORE
                        </interceptor-ref>
            <result name="success"
type="redirect">features.html</result>
            <result name="input" type="redirect-action">
                                editFeature.html
                                true
                                ${feature.dkey}
                        </result>
        </action>

Please help me figure out where the problem exists.
Thank you for your support.
Best regards.