struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: Struts App - Tomcat on Windows in India and Poland
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 00:44:33 GMT
How bad is it?

It the problem that:
  users in Poland see question marks but you don't them when you access
their server; or
  you see question marks when you access their server but they don't; or
  you and they see question marks when you access the server?

The issue is either:
 the pages include characters that are not supported by the server
operating system;
 the font used by the client operating system doesn't support characters
on the page

That's why you need to isolated it to the server or to the browser.

In English this is common with special punctuation characters (eg.
em-dash and slanted quotes), especially when deploying a system
developed with MS products to a non-MS server.  If it's just some
punctuation that's causing the problem then you just need to replace
these with portable codes.  If it's more than that you have a
configuration error at the Java level.