struts-user mailing list archives

From Kalpesh Modi <modi_kalp...@yahoo.com>
Subject HashMap and updates
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:00:41 GMT
Hi,

I am having a problem in updates.
I have a base class Employee.java. I have subclasses HourlyEmployee.java, ContractEmployee.java,
FullTimeEmployee.java.
I display these three types of employees under 3 tabs on my JSP.
I create 3 lists for each type of employees and put these lists in a HashMap with different
keys.

Map employeeMap = new HashMap();
employeeMap.put ("HE", hourlyEmployeeList);
employeeMap.put ("CE", contractEmployeeList);
employeeMap.put ("FE", fullTimeEmployeeList);

I am able to display the list of employees properly. But when I change the values and submit
the form, the new values dont show up in the action.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks.