struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ralf Fischer" <thema...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Actions for a single page. Is this possible
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:11:52 GMT
Hi,

On 3/14/08, ravi_eze <ravichandrac@ivycomptech.com> wrote:
>  We have two pages a.jsp and b.jsp developed with the action class mehods
>  Ac.a() & Ac.b() that render these pages. Now we need to develop a new page
>  c.jsp which is combination of both a & b.jsps.
>
>  i can include the jsps into the c.jsp. But what abt the action class behind?
>  can they not get automatically invoked and the pages get populated? More
>  over i have some logic to be performed based on the inputs made in the two
>  sections of c.jsp. Is it possible for me to only do this part as a layer?
>
>  any ideas as how to go abt this? pl help.

Check out the <s:action /> tag, when c.jsp is rendered you can place
actions on it. All the stuff including interceptors will be invoked
for each action by creating a new action proxy. Don't forget to set
executeResult="true" so the output gets' rendered.

The surrounding action (if c.jsp is an action result) will still be on
the stack.

Cheers,
-Ralf