struts-user mailing list archives

From meeboo <deeps...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running a prepare method before the assigned action method
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 17:58:52 GMT

won't work with a wildcard parameter mapping Dave

<action name="update/modelObject/*"
        class="net.myapp.web.ModelObjectActions"
        method="update">

The parameter simply isn't parsed in the prepare method unless it's in the
form of update/modelObject.action?id=22

this is what I'm currently doing
update/modelObject/22.action

The parameter is parsed in the update method, but not in the prepare method
(i've tried using the