struts-user mailing list archives

From ravi_eze <ravichand...@ivycomptech.com>
Subject S2- DateTimePicker is not working. Display Format: dd-MMM-yy HH:m:ss
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:16:10 GMT

hi,

I need to display the date as 21-jan-08 20:20:20 and when user changes it,
the corresponding value should get populated in the Action class. I see that
the date object is being displayed in the format specified but when getting
converted back into the action class its throwing error. The Object that
holds the date object is held in session. I proceeded as follows.

I gave the following in the tag:
<s:datetimepicker name="currentEvent.criterion.startDate" adjustWeeks="true"
toggleDuration="200"
  toggleType="fade" displayFormat="dd-MMM-yy HH:m:ss" id="startDateId"
theme="simple" />

The log file is showing:
2008-03-07 00:24:40,204 ERROR
(com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor:204) -
ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting
'currentEvent.criterion.endDate' on 'class com.admin.EdsWizardAction: Error
setting expression 'currentEvent.criterion.endDate' with value
'[Ljava.lang.String;@1b7f9f7'

When i tried debugging the source code i found that S2 is trying out parsing
with DateFormat.SHORT, DateFormat.MEDIUM, DateFormat.SHORT and finally with
default. Because the custom format doesnt fit into any of these, its
throwing error.

Any ideas why its happening this way? Please help.

regards,
ravi