struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kimberly Begley" <kimberly.le...@gmail.com>
Subject problem compiling HelloWorldTest.java
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 00:58:23 GMT
Hello,
I'm going through the struts2 bootstrap/HelloWorld tutorial and am having
some problems.
When I compile HelloWorld. java  I get the this warning:

 javac -d . HelloWorld.java
----------
1. WARNING in HelloWorld.java (at line 3)
        public class HelloWorld extends ActionSupport {
                     ^^^^^^^^^^
The serializable class HelloWorld does not declare a static final
serialVersionUID field of type long

and then when I compile HelloWorldTest.java I get these errors:

javac -d . HelloWorldTest.java
----------
1. ERROR in HelloWorldTest.java (at line 9)
        HelloWorld hello_world = new HelloWorld();
        ^^^^^^^^^^
HelloWorld cannot be resolved to a type
----------
2. ERROR in HelloWorldTest.java (at line 9)
        HelloWorld hello_world = new HelloWorld();
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^
HelloWorld cannot be resolved to a type
3. ERROR in HelloWorldTest.java (at line 16)
        HelloWorld.MESSAGE.equals(hello_world.getMessage()));
HelloWorld cannot be resolved
3 problems (3 errors)

I'm not sure if the errors are related to the warning I got about
HelloWorld.java - any suggestions?
Thanks