struts-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject RE: Index.jsp hit 20 times and fails with "The page isn't redirecting properly"
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 23:59:26 GMT
Note that the "index.jsp" at the root of the webapp looks like this:

	<% response.sendRedirect("index.action"); %>

The action that this refers to is:

  <action name="index" class="com.fdar.apress.s2.IndexAction">
    <result>/jsp/index.jsp</result>
  </action>

For some reason, instead of going to "/jsp/index.jsp", it appears to be
trying to serve "/index.jsp", which seems to be what causes the infinite
loop.

Martin Gainty pointed out to me that I was missing the "actionPackages"
init-param.  I fixed that, but that only made it so that it made it into
my "index" action class, 20 times before failing.

I tried enabling "devMode" in the struts.properties file and sending
"?debug=console" to my URL, but that didn't appear to give me any
additional info anywhere.