struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Configure ActionServlet without struts-config.xml?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:27:48 GMT
Ullrich Schäfer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if there's a way tho configure the ActionServlet
> programatically. I'm asking this because i want to hide the
> ActionServlet inside my own Servlet which delegates Requests to
> different Servlets, Struts ActionServlet being one of them.
>
> The goal is, to provide a framework which use struts but doesn't show
> any struts to the actual application developer. So i don't want a
> struts-config.xml there too, but rather would like to "inject" the
> config into the ActionServlet.

There are plugins to help with convention-over-configuration that can
help reduce or remove the need for anything in struts-config.xml. I'm
not sure how easy it would be to 'inject' external configuration from
another source, though. Since it's not a common usage pattern, you'll
probably have to dig through the source code to figure out how (or if)
it's possible.

L.