struts-user mailing list archives

From Randy Burgess <RBurg...@nuvox.com>
Subject Re: expression validator
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:59:16 GMT
That validator doesn't do client side validation.

Only the following validators are supported:

    * required validator
    * requiredstring validator
    * stringlength validator
    * regex validator
    * email validator
    * url validator
    * int validator
    * double validator

http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/pure-javascript-client-side-validation.
html

Regards,
Randy Burgess
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Nuvox Communications

> From: mojoRising <jpiser@averoinc.com>
> Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:45:37 -0800 (PST)
> To: <user@struts.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: expression validator
>

> Thanks, I confirmed my syntax, and now it does not do any client side
> validation. Do I have this validator in the right place? Here is the
> relevant code from my xml file:
>

> <!DOCTYPE validators PUBLIC
>         "-//OpenSymphony Group//XWork Validator 1.0.2//EN"
>         "http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-validator-1.0.2.dtd">
>
> <validators>
> <field name="password">
>         <field-validator type="requiredstring">
>             <message key="requiredstring"/>
>         </field-validator>
>     </field>
> <field name="password2">
>         <field-validator type="requiredstring">
>             <message key="requiredstring"/>
>         </field-validator>
>     </field>
>
> <validator type="expression">
>  password2.equals(password)
>  <message>Password not the same as Confirmed</message>
> </validator>
>
> </validators>
>

> From the validator documentation.
>
>   <validator type="expression">
>       email.equals(email2)
>       <message>Email not the same as email2</message>
>   </validator>
>
> Regards,
> Randy Burgess
> Sr. Web Applications Developer
> Nuvox Communications
>

> --

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this Message has been addressed to you in
error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please
delete it (including all copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this
Message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of
confidentiality and/or a privilege.