struts-user mailing list archives

From Randy Burgess <RBurg...@nuvox.com>
Subject Re: Struts + Maven + Eclipse problem
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:18:10 GMT
Have you run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" in the project directory? Have you set
the web root for the project in Eclipse? I had to do both when creating a
Struts Maven project from the command line. This structure sounds like the
project that is created from the following which was discussed on the list
not long ago.

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.s2.anu -DartifactId=s2proj
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts-DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-
starter
-DarchetypeVersion=
2.0.11 -DremoteRepositories=
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/m2-staging-repository

Regards,
Randy Burgess
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Nuvox Communications

> From: Gaurav Arora <gauravsworld@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:21:53 +0530
> Subject: Struts + Maven + Eclipse problem
>
> I created a new struts project using the maven archetype and then
> imported it into eclipse. However when I try to run this project on
> tomcat (through eclipse) i keep getting the following error :
>
> Feb 12, 2008 9:15:00 PM org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher serviceAction
> SEVERE: Could not find action or result
> There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name index. -
> [unknown location]
> at

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.prepare(DefaultActionProxy.java:186>
)
> at
> org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(StrutsActio
> nProxyFactory.java:41)
> at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:494)
> at
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:
> 419)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFi
> lterChain.java:215)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChai
> n.java:188)
> at
> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:1
> 18)
> at

com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52>
)
> [...]
> lterChain.java:215)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChai
> n.java:188)
> at
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextClean
> Up.java:99)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFi
> lterChain.java:215)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChai
> n.java:188)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java
> :213)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java
> :174)
> at
> at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:1
> 08)
> at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processCon
> nection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
> 528)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWork
> erThread.java:81)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:
> 689)
>
> My struts.xml is as follows :
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
>     "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
>     "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd">
>
> <struts>
> <package name="default" extends="struts-default">
> <action name="index" class="com.codercorp.IndexAction">
> <result>/jsp/index.jsp</result>
> </action>
> <action name="helloWorld" class="helloWorldAction">
> <result name="input">/jsp/index.jsp</result>
> <result>/jsp/helloWorld.jsp</result>
> </action>
> </package>
> </struts>
>

> I tried all combinations for the "name" attribute of the package tag
> but it doesn't work. Is there an easier way to do this? Also, how can
> I build my struts project using eclipse instead of maven?

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this Message has been addressed to you in
error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please
delete it (including all copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this
Message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of
confidentiality and/or a privilege.