struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Loup" <David.L...@performgroup.com>
Subject RE: Access value of a map inside an iterator
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:52:32 GMT
Hello,

After a bit of refactoring, I'm quite happy iterating over the map and
displaying keys and values.
My problem is, how do I have to name the property so that the map value
actually gets passed to the Action?

Currently I'm doing something like this:

<s:iterator id="locale"
value="eventOverride.descriptionOverride.localisedMessages">
	<s:textfield
		id="%{key}"

name="eventOverride.descriptionOverride.localisedMessages[%{key}] "
		value="%{value}"></s:textfield>
</s:iterator>

That's inside a form that I want to use to edit the contents of the map.

But it puts only empty values in the map (as keys and values).

-----Original Message-----
From: David Loup
Sent: 22 February 2008 17:45
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Access value of a map inside an iterator

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply, but that's not exactly what I'm trying to do.
I don't want to iterate over the map, but over another collection (my
"allKeys", which is for example a List).

For each value inside that list, I want to get the corresponding value
from the map.

E.g:
allKeys = {"Foo","Bar","Bob"}
theMap = {<"Foo","FooValue">,<"Bob","BobValue">,<"Bar","BarValue">}

So I want to iterate over allKeys, and for each value, retrieve the
"*Value" strings.