struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject [OT] Re: Struts + Maven + Eclipse problem
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:09:46 GMT
--- Gaurav Arora <gauravsworld@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tried to put a namespace="/" attribute in package tag, that didn't
> work. Where do I find the config-browser plugin?

It's a standard S2 plugin shipped with the distro.

> Yeah, I get an error when I access
> http://localhost:8080/application/index.action. The struts.xml file is
> in the classes directory.

Is it deployed properly? Have you turned logging all the way up? Is devMode
turned on? Is there anything in the logs?

> As for the eclipse build, I changed the default output directory to
> "bin" but eclipse still won't build my application.

If you're running the app within Eclipse using its app server the output
directory should be /WEB-INF/classes. If you're using some sort of deployment
mechanism then it doesn't matter as long as you have it configured properly.

"Eclipse still won't build my application" is not enough information with
which to provide a diagnosis, even if this *was* the correct forum for your
IDE issues, which it isn't.

Did you put the required libraries in /WEB-INF/lib? Did you configure the
project properties to make sure the libraries are being included?

Dave