struts-user mailing list archives

From Darren James <jdja...@netflix.com>
Subject Re: freemaker model population
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:24:36 GMT
Sorry for the confusing question.  I tried this again and it seemed to
work fine
(i.e. accessing objects that are not on the top of the value stack via
ognl expressions
via the ${foo} syntax in freemarker templates)....

However, I did find a couple of places where I had to use the struts
property tag
instead. For example

<s:set name="foo" value="bar.baz"/>

I could not use ${#foo}, I had to use <s:property value="#foo"/>.

Are there any other gotchas with ${} vs. <s:property value=""/>

thanks peeps,

- darren.