struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <>
Subject Date formatting?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:48:18 GMT
I just checked that there is no JSTL configuration setting to apply a format
type or pattern to <fmt:formatDate> across the whole webapp.

I need the ISO date format on 99% of dates displayed on my current app, but
there is no way to change the default globally for <fmt:formatDate> from

It seems like a prime target for a quick taglib, to avoid using the following
everywhere, with x number of errors by sloppy coders (that would be me):

<fmt:formatDate value="myDate" pattern="yyyy-MM-dd" />

Or is there something I'm missing? Somewhat off-topic I realise after checking
the S2 taglib reference :O

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message