struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: Struts2 connection pooling using MySQL
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:13:55 GMT
Right.  The configuration file the mysql reference refers to is the
Container configuration, for example, server.xml or context.xml provided
with Tomcat.  Every J2EE container provides that configuration.  Struts
1 provides some config to simply it, but Struts 2 doesn't provide
convenience config like that.

Setup your DataSource for the Container, then reference it in web.xml.
eg.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

The only issue for Struts2 users is how you access the DataSource within
your actions or services. If you use Spring it's easy via DI.  If you
Guice it's also easy via DI.  If you don't use a DI container you can
look-up the DataSource every time you need it, or place the instance in
your Application Context, as you'd do with a servlet.

Hope that helps.