struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: German/Turkey etc decimal use comma in input fields.
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 03:23:15 GMT
Ned Collyer wrote:
> Has anyone fixed this issue, or got an "easy" working implementation.
>
> I've read
> http://www.nabble.com/Struts-2-requires-input-result-on-failed-type-conversion-td11543906.html#a11543906
> which seems to be ended rather abruptly when Martin did not get an answer.

The default type converter uses the current locale.

As mentioned in the referenced thread, you can:
  - create a custom type converter for that field that accepts a wider
variety of number formats; or;
  - use a string for that field in your action and handle the conversion
yourself

To turn off the automatic "input" result for a conversion or validation
error you may remove the workflow interceptor from your action's
interceptor stack. I don't think that's a good idea though.