struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject [OT] Re: Can we forward to jsp files under /WEB-INF folder
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2008 21:31:58 GMT
--- Sai Reddy <dubbakasai@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using Struts 1.2.7 and Tomcat 5.5.25 server.
> Can we forward a HttpRequest to the files under /WEB-INF folder? I've read
> in "Struts Survival Guide" that we can do so with tomcat server but not
> with other servers. Is that true?

I'm not actually familiar with every other server (there are a lot). IIRC the
spec says that the container should be able to forward to JSPs under WEB-INF;
some earlier servers (again, IIRC) didn't allow that.

You'd be better off asking on a forum more relevant to generic JEE questions
or for whatever server you're targeting, as this isn't really Struts-related.

Dave