struts-user mailing list archives

From Galia Angelova <galb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: action mapping - how can I map ALL incoming urls to one action?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 12:14:15 GMT
Thank you, Piero!

The problem with the interseptors is that they come after the ServletDispatcher. That means
that i get an exception before I get to the interseptors, because the mapping was not found
 :)

I think I have found a solution - custom ActionMapper. I extended the DefaultActionMapper
and override the method getMapping().
Then specified the full class name of my custom mapper in struts.properties.

Greetings!

Piero Sartini <lists@pierosartini.de> wrote: > I need to map all incomming urls to
one and the same action.

> This action works like a dispatcher - acctording to some data taken from
> the data base, decides where to redirect the request.
>
> I''ll appreciate any ideas!

I think an Interceptor would be a better solution for this:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/interceptors.html