struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Struts2 and Quartz
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:44:35 GMT
Shantur Rathore wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am new to Struts2. I am trying to work with Quartz and integrate it in my
> Struts2 WebApp.
> I found some info on Quartz and Struts2 at
>
> http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/how-can-we-schedule-quartz-jobs.html
>
> But i am still unclear what is the function of ActionJob? and how do i
> schedule the jobs.
>
> Any info would certainly be helpful....

 From a quick read-through, it looks like that document is attempting to
illustrate how to get Quartz to execute a Struts2 action. If I were you,
I wouldn't take that approach; rather, I would factor out the business
logic that needs to be scheduled into a service layer class/method. You
can then call it from either an action or a Quartz job. At that point,
you would just use the regular Quartz API to schedule it.

L.