struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Struts2 actions' extension
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:20:58 GMT
Filipe David Manana wrote:
> Yes, I use Tomcat 5.5. Where in tomcat do I configure directories not
> handled with mod_jk?

He said 'apache+tomcat'; mod_jk is an Apache Httpd component, so it's
not relevant if you aren't using Apache Httpd.

See below for further comments.

> By the way, is there a Struts2 config only?
>
> thank you
>
> On Jan 12, 2008 6:56 PM, GF <ganfab@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you are using apache+tomcat, you can place static file in a
>> directory not handled with mod_jk
>>
>> On Jan 12, 2008 6:28 PM, Filipe David Manana <fdmanana@ieee.org > wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have set the property struts.action.extension to the empty string. I
>> can
>>> now invoke my actions with the default ".action" suffix, although I have
>>> problem:

You mean without the default .action suffix, right?

>>> css files (ending in .css) and javascript (.js) are no longer accessible
>>> the client.
>>>
>>> How can I fix this?

If you don't want to use a URL extension (e.g. .action) to identify
which requests should be processed by Struts, you need to partition the
URL namespace. For example, /struts/* gets handled by Struts and
/static/* gets handled by Tomcat for serving CSS, JS, etc.

L.