struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: dojo 1.0 DateTextBox and ISO-8601
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:51:55 GMT
Hi Roberto,

This is precisely what a custom type-converter is for:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/type-conversion.html

It accepts a string and converts to an object, and vice versa.  It's
invoked by the conversion interceptor.

However, I thought the default Date converter is already setup to
convert ISO-8601 strings to java.util.Date and vice versa.  You might
get a nice surprise if you add a Date property to your model with the
startDate name.  (The docs mention a locale-dependent date rather than
ISO-8601 so I may be mistaken though).