struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How does one get the "validate" method to be called?
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:33:36 GMT
From: specdev2 <fraak72@hotmail.com>
> I have to disagree with you on customizing the interceptors.
> It is just sloppy to use a generic stack that calls every interceptor.

I guess I'm just "sloppy" then.

I have a general-purpose interceptor stack that works quite well; I have *very* few actions
that don't need every interceptor in it. I have more important things to do than obsess over
interceptor stack definitions for a hundred (or whatever) actions, particularly when most
would only differ by at most one or two interceptors.

> Important issues also get lost when you do that.

Apparently important issues also get lost when you don't.

> I really wish there was a way to group actions for the purpose
> of applying default stacks without being forced to define a
> namespace or overriding the default stack of an existing namespace.

If you want your own default stack then overriding the default stack seems pretty natural
to me.

Dave