struts-user mailing list archives

From "Filipe David Manana" <fdman...@ieee.org>
Subject Struts 2 + Sitemesh decorator mapping
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:17:56 GMT
Hi,

Anyone using Struts 2 with multiple Sitemesh decorators?

I am trying to map a decorator to a specific subset of my webapp's URI
space.

The structure of my src/main/webapp dir is:

fdmanana@pcitfio45:~/apache/struts/cdbweb2/src/main/webapp$ tree
.
|-- WEB-INF
|   |-- decorators
|   |   `-- lsf.jsp
|   |-- decorators.xml
|   |-- dwr.xml
|   |-- sitemesh.xml
|   `-- web.xml
|-- img
|   |-- logo.png
|-- index.html
|-- jsp
|   |-- index.jsp
|   `-- lsf
|       `-- users
|           |-- list.jsp
|           `-- list.jsp~
`-- styles
    |-- main.css
    `-- main.css~

I want to map URIs of the kind http://.../lsf/users/* to decorator lsf.jsp.

the contents of my decorators.xml file:

<decorators defaultdir="/WEB-INF/decorators">
    <!-- Any urls that are excluded will never be decorated by Sitemesh -->
    <excludes>
        <pattern>/nodecorate/*</pattern>
        <pattern>/styles/*</pattern>
        <pattern>/scripts/*</pattern>
        <pattern>/images/*</pattern>
        <pattern>/dojo/*</pattern>
        <pattern>/struts/*</pattern>
    </excludes>

    <decorator name="lsf" page="lsf.jsp">
        <pattern>/lsf/*</pattern>
    </decorator>
</decorators>

I can't get this decorator used when I browse into
http://localhost:8080/cdbweb2/lsf/users/list.action

I tried also with the patterns /lsf* , /lsf/users/* , /lsf/users/list.jsp ,
etc  and it doesn't work either.
Only works with the /* pattern.
Any suggestions?

Thank you

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@ieee.org

Obvious facts are like secrets to those not trained to see them.