struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Garner, Shawn" <Garner.Sh...@principal.com>
Subject RE: struts 1.2.9 and cancel button
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 22:17:36 GMT
<action path="/configureReport" 
		        name="reportForm" 
		   parameter="action" 
		        type="my.comp.Action" 
		       scope="request" 
		    validate="true"
		       input="contrib.reports.page">
		    <set-property property="cancellable" value="true"/>
        	<forward name="open" path="contrib.reports.page" />

        	<forward name="launch" path="contrib.reports.page" />
		</action>

<html:form action="/configureReport">

And there is only one defined in the struts config.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alberto A. Flores [mailto:aaflores@gmail.com] 
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 2:46 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: struts 1.2.9 and cancel button

Can you confirm that your form is pointing to the right path?

Also, check that you are not overriding the same path (in struts config)

with a similar path <action path="..."/> are overrideable.



Garner, Shawn wrote:
>>>From the stack track it looks like the Mapping.isCancellable is
> returning false.
> How can this be?  It is in the struts-config.xml under the right
action.
> 
> Shawn
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Garner, Shawn 
> Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 1:27 PM
> To: Struts Users Mailing List
> Subject: RE: struts 1.2.9 and cancel button
> 
> I wonder if it is because we are using ValidatorPlugin or
> LookupDispatchAction.
> 
> Seems like it isn't getting past the validations so it never gets to
the
> action:
> 
> 2007,org.apache.struts.action.InvalidCancelException
>
org.apache.struts.action.InvalidCancelException,,,,,,,,,E,,,,000000003,,
> ,,,
> org.apache.struts.action.InvalidCancelException	at
>
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processValidate(RequestProcess
> or.java:942)	at
>
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
> 207)	at
>
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
> at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
> at
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Garner, Shawn 
> Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 12:39 PM
> To: Struts Users Mailing List
> Subject: RE: struts 1.2.9 and cancel button
> 
> I verified it was the right action, the one in the JSP form matches
the
> action config in the struts config.
> 
> Shawn
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: paulus.benedictus@gmail.com [mailto:paulus.benedictus@gmail.com]
> On Behalf Of Paul Benedict
> Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 9:59 AM
> To: Struts Users Mailing List
> Subject: Re: struts 1.2.9 and cancel button
> 
> Did you add <set-property> to the correct action mapping?
> 
> On Dec 6, 2007 9:42 AM, Garner, Shawn <Garner.Shawn@principal.com>
> wrote:
> 
>> We trying to use the htm:cancel button but it is not working.
>>
>> I've followed the instructions here
>>
>>
>
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpgradeNotes128to129#head-e417741603
>> dac43bb4fbde589271c568309643e4
>>
>>
>>
>> but we are still getting a
>> org.apache.struts.action.InvalidCancelException
>>
>>
>>
>> We're using the validator plugin.
>>
>> We added <set-property property="cancellable" value="true"/>
>>
>> And
>>
>> <exception key="button.cancel"
>>
>> type="org.apache.struts.action.InvalidCancelException"
>>                   path="ourAction.do?action=open"/>
>>
>> where button.cancel is the resource bundle key that gets displayed
for
>> the button.
>>
>>
>>
>> It appears from the stack trace that validations are still being
> called.
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>
>>
>> Shawn
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Message Disclaimer-----
>>
>> This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or
>> entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
>> privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
> law.
>> If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
distribution
> or
>> copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
>> received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
>> reply email to Connect@principal.com and delete or destroy all copies
> of
>> the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from
> the
>> Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be
> retained
>> as required by law or regulation.
>>
>> Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic
> signature
>> for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the
>> Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign")
>> unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this
> message.
>> While this communication may be used to promote or market a
> transaction
>> or an idea that is discussed in the publication, it is intended to
> provide
>> general information about the subject matter covered and is provided
> with
>> the understanding that The Principal is not rendering legal,
> accounting,
>> or tax advice. It is not a marketed opinion and may not be used to
> avoid
>> penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. You should consult with
>> appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to
> legal,
>> tax, or accounting obligations and requirements.
>>
> 
> 
> -----Message Disclaimer-----
> 
> This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or
> entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
> privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
> law.
> If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution
> or
> copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
> reply email to Connect@principal.com and delete or destroy all copies
of
> the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from
the
> Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be
retained
> as required by law or regulation.
> 
> Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic
> signature
> for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the
> Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign")
> unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this
message.
> 
> While this communication may be used to promote or market a
transaction
> or an idea that is discussed in the publication, it is intended to
> provide
> general information about the subject matter covered and is provided
> with
> the understanding that The Principal is not rendering legal,
accounting,
> or tax advice. It is not a marketed opinion and may not be used to
avoid
> penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. You should consult with
> appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to
> legal,
> tax, or accounting obligations and requirements.
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
> 
> 
> -----Message Disclaimer-----
> 
> This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or
> entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
> privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
> law.
> If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution
> or
> copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
> reply email to Connect@principal.com and delete or destroy all copies
of
> the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from
the
> Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be
retained
> as required by law or regulation.
> 
> Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic
> signature
> for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the
> Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign")
> unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this
message.
> 
> While this communication may be used to promote or market a
transaction
> or an idea that is discussed in the publication, it is intended to
> provide
> general information about the subject matter covered and is provided
> with
> the understanding that The Principal is not rendering legal,
accounting,
> or tax advice. It is not a marketed opinion and may not be used to
avoid
> penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. You should consult with
> appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to
> legal,
> tax, or accounting obligations and requirements.
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
> 
> 
> -----Message Disclaimer-----
> 
> This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or
> entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
> privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.
> If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution
or
> copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
> reply email to Connect@principal.com and delete or destroy all copies
of
> the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from
the
> Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be
retained
> as required by law or regulation.
> 
> Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic
signature
> for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the
> Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign")
> unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this
message.
> 
> While this communication may be used to promote or market a
transaction
> or an idea that is discussed in the publication, it is intended to
provide
> general information about the subject matter covered and is provided
with
> the understanding that The Principal is not rendering legal,
accounting,
> or tax advice. It is not a marketed opinion and may not be used to
avoid
> penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. You should consult with
> appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to
legal,
> tax, or accounting obligations and requirements.
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
> 
> 


-----Message Disclaimer-----

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
reply email to Connect@principal.com and delete or destroy all copies of
the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from the
Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be retained
as required by law or regulation.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic signature
for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the
Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign")
unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

While this communication may be used to promote or market a transaction
or an idea that is discussed in the publication, it is intended to provide
general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with
the understanding that The Principal is not rendering legal, accounting,
or tax advice. It is not a marketed opinion and may not be used to avoid
penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. You should consult with
appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to legal,
tax, or accounting obligations and requirements.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org


Mime
View raw message