struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OGNL and action property
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:30:43 GMT
--- "lei.java@gmail.com" <lei.java@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is an action property? I thought it is a private attribute in an
> action class with its getter and setter methods but now I think it's
> wrong as I defined such an attribute "brand" but it can't be used
> in OGNL: <s:if test="#brand...">...

You would not want to use the "#" character, just "brand".

I'm not sure the scoping of the property itself is relevant, but the
accessors should follow the JavaBean specification.

> In the result page of the action, I can output value of the "brand" using
> ${brand} but how and where can I put the value into value stack so that I
> can use OGNL to access it?

The action is pushed onto the value stack and its properties are available on
the stack; this is handled by the framework.

d.