struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alberto A. Flores" <aaflo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with web.xml and Struts 1.3
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:17:52 GMT
How are you deploying your application? Are you both getting the same
Stacktrace? Even if you use the Struts source code, there are many
dependencies that come as part of the Struts distribution
(commons-logging, digester, etc).

I will start debugging as follows:
- Unpack your war manually. Check that web.xml is where is supposed to.
- If deployed in weblogic (as it sounds like), try using weblogic.xml to
help you getting better logging. Even better, try deploying in a lighter
container (e.g. Tomcat, Jetty)
- Make sure you have the fully qualified name of the ActionServlet in
web.xml. If this doesn't work, try to extend it yourself and then use
your class (fully qualified) in replacement of the ActionServlet in web.xml.

Hope some of this helps!