struts-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: portlet css
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:11:30 GMT
Hi Randy
http://edocs.bea.com/alui/devdoc/docs60/Customizing_the_Portal_UI/PlumtreeDe
vDoc_Customizing_Images.htm
to quote

/ptimages/imageserver/plumtree/portal has 3 folders which you can use

  a.. Anything within a \public directory can be considered available for
use.  A public component may change slightly throughout the release cycle of
the related product, but it will always be there.

  b.. A \private directory contains implementation-specific components that
should not be accessed by developers; the content within a \private
directory can be changed or removed in a future release.

  c.. Any new content added for UI customization should be stored in a
\custom folder at the same level as the \public and \private directories in
the appropriate area to ensure that the files will not be modified by the
installer in a future release. Adding custom images is explained next.

  Feel free for post offline as this is O/T to struts

  HTH/
  M--

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randy Burgess" <RBurgess@nuvox.com>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: portlet css

> I think it is portal implementation specific. I'm using AquaLogic UI and
it
> has an image server. I put the images there and then reference them using
> image server links. So suppose my portal is located at http://myportal.com
> then my image src look like
> http://myportal.com/imageserver/mydirectory/myimg.gif.
>
> Regards,
> Randy Burgess
> Web Applications Developer
> Nuvox Communications
>

> > From: Brian Relph <relphie@gmail.com>
> > Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:25:43 -0600
> > Subject: portlet css
> >
> > Does anyone have experience using css in portlets, and more
specifically,
> > using css to set background images?  I am unable to use css for images
since
> > the url are not portlet urls ...
>

> This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this
Message has been addressed to you in error, you are not authorized to read,
copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please delete it (including all
copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this Message to
any person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver
of confidentiality and/or a privilege.