struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: Dojo custom build and Struts ComboBox widget
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 23:02:37 GMT
Max Pimm wrote:
> I am trying to make a custom build of dojo for my application in order
> to speed it up a bit.
>
> (See threads "[s2] Struts head tag KILLS (> 10s) page load time" and
> "How to improve dojo performance in Struts 2.0.9")
>
> I have followed the instructions for doing this are carefully as
> possible from
> http://cwiki.apache.org/S2WIKI/creating-a-custom-dojo-profile-for-struts-209.html.
>

> My custom build appears to have worked. dojo.js is generated with the
> struts widgets "Internalized", each page i load makes minimal requests
> for other dojo scripts and the basic bind functionality of dojo works.
>
> However the Struts:Combobox component used in my autocompleters does
> not work. Some code is executed when i edit the field but it does not
> result in a petition to the server y hence no autocomplete list is
> shown. Dojo is configured in debug mode but gives no errors. The
> struts folder containing the widgets is present in
> <contextroot>/struts/dojo. Dojo correctly finds the dropdown image for
> the input and uses the styles in ComboBox.css the only problem is that
> it does not issue petitions to the server when the onKeyUp event fires.
>
> I am using the 2.011 build of struts, is the process for building a
> custom dojo build the same as in 2.09? I can't find any changes in the
> ComboBox between these versions but is there anything else that might
> be causing these problems.
>
> Does anyone have any advice for how to start debugging this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> max

I'm not sure what is wrong, but the approach I'd take to debug it is:
  - Use firebug to see if the page is getting a 404 trying to load any
of the resources required by dojo.  This is the most likely cause if it
was working before you created the custom build
  - Replace your dojo.js file with the dojo.js-uncompressed.js file also
created by the build process.  This one contains comments and debug
info.  See if any errors are now displayed
  - Find the combobox code in dojo.js-uncompressed.js and use
breakpoints in firebug to find out exactly what's happening.

Let me know how you go.

cheers,
 Jeormy Evans