struts-user mailing list archives

From wild_oscar <mig...@almeida.at>
Subject Ajax form submit - problem with Struts2 annotations?
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:00:55 GMT

I tried following the Ajax tutorial in
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/struts-2-spring-2-jpa-ajax.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/struts-2-spring-2-jpa-ajax.html ,
adapting it to a test application I already had.

I have a weird behaviour with a form submit:

			<s:form action="user" method="save" >
			    <s:textfield id="id2" name="userid" />
				<s:submit action="user" method="save" theme="ajax"/>
			</s:form>

This code does not trigger the Save method of the UserAction action. If I
add an execute() method, it will trigger this method of the action. (note
that I have tried the s:submit without action and method parameters - they
are already in the action - without any success).

If I remove the "ajax" theme of the submit action, it will execute the save
method.

I use annotations for struts2 actions. Is there any incompatibility between
dojo and annotations?

An s:a link set to the save() method works well. I tried this s:a link:

<s:url id="urlId" action="user" method="save">
					<s:param name="id" value="%{userid}" />
				</s:url>
				<s:a id="xxx" theme="ajax" href="%{urlId}" targets="persons"
notifyTopics="/save">Test</s:a>

Does anyone know why the submit button does not work?