struts-user mailing list archives

From "Wes Wannemacher" <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard action/result names v. Validation
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 02:21:25 GMT
Hey Dave,

I am not sure if I understand what you are looking for? Do you mean
that you don't have a foo_input.jsp? I am not sure if it will help,
but the DefaultWorkflowInterceptor is a bit configurable. You can
change the string returned by failed validation by configuring the
interceptor... i.e., here I change the return to "error" when
validation fails -

<action name="someAction" class="com.examples.SomeAction">
    <interceptor-ref name="params"/>
    <interceptor-ref name="validation"/>
    <interceptor-ref name="workflow">
       <param name="inputResultName">error</param>
    </interceptor-ref>
    <result name="{1]">foo_{1}.jsp</result>
</action>

-W

On 10/9/07, Dave Newton <newton.dave@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Validation failures look for a result named "input".
>
> If I have a result definition of:
>
> <result name="{1}">foo_{1}.jsp</result>
>
> then there is no result named "input"... and there's
> the rub.
>
> Am I missing something foolish that would allow this
> to work without explicitly defining a result named
> "input", or am I SOL until... something magic happens?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Wesley Wannemacher
President, Head Engineer/Consultant