struts-user mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject [OT] Contract stupidity (was Documentation versus Community Wiki (was Re: How to improve dojo performance in Struts 2.0.9))
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:25:57 GMT
2007/10/10, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org>:

> Sadly, not everyone can file a CLA. Many organizations still use
> aggressive IP agreement that assign rights to our every stray thought
> to the company, 24/7.

Once I thought my mind was mine, but now I know it's property of my company
:-)

This is a little off-topic, but on occasion organizations have asked
> me to a sign restrictive NDA/IP agreement just do onsite training.
> Once, the agreement was so broad, I couldn't even sign it in good
> conscious.

It reminds me a contract that I signed for a year, in which it was stated
that I couldn't use anything that I learnt at that work :-O
Asking for clearings, my boss told me, with irony, that they "will never sue
me for learning Eclipse", simply because it is very hard to prove that you
learnt a specific technology and used at the new job. Anyway, this clause is
really absurd.

Antonio