struts-user mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Session scoped ActionForm causing strange behaviour
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 10:42:16 GMT
2007/10/3, Ramita Gambhir <ramita.gambhir@gmail.com>:

> I integrated Struts with Ajax using DWR. For that I had to put the
> ActionForm in session scope.

Why do you need to put it into session?

Now I am facing a strange problem.

> When I change some values in the form, they are saved(marshalled) properly
> at the backend(an XML file). But in the JSP, it shows old values only.
> I suspect this is happening because of session scoped ActionForm.

Your suspect is right! The action form is persisted across the requests.

What's the basic difference between request-scoped and session-scoped form
> objects?

That session scoped form objects are stored in session, so you don't clear
it after the end of the request.

Immediate help is needed...

You get immediate help only if you pay someone... :-)

Antonio