struts-user mailing list archives

From Jon_Fre...@fws.gov
Subject Re: ModelDriven CRUD validation failure still causes JPA update
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 02:29:39 GMT
Unfortunately, it appears that xworks validation works not on the
ServletRequest parameters, but on the properties already set on the Action
- or in my case the model bean. So moving the interceptor up the stack
would just break validation.

>From the com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidationInterceptor javadoc:

 * This interceptor runs the action through the standard validation
framework, which in turn checks the action against
 * any validation rules (found in files such as
<i>ActionClass-validation.xml</i>) and adds field-level and action-level
 * error messages (provided that the action implements {@link
com.opensymphony.xwork2.ValidationAware}). This interceptor
 * is often one of the last (or second to last) interceptors applied in a
stack, as it assumes that all values have
 * already been set on the action.

Thanks,

Jon French
Programmer
ASRC Management Services
ECOS Development Team
jon_french@fws.gov
970-226-9290

Fort Collins Science Center
US Geological Survey
2150 Centre Ave, Building C
Fort Collins, CO 80526-8116

Dave Newton <newton.dave@yahoo.com>
10/01/2007 04:42 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: ModelDriven CRUD validation failure still causes JPA update

--- Jon_French@fws.gov wrote:
> That's an interesting idea Dave. I'm using the
> paramsPrepareStack. It'll take some investigation to

> see if that would fix the issue.

Shouldn't take much; it might be as simple as adding a
validate/defaultWorkFlow up towards the top (although
I might try just adding new ones rather than removing
the existing ones).

> Fort Collins Science Center
> US Geological Survey
> 2150 Centre Ave, Building C

I used to live up Poudre River Canyon (Poudre Park); I
sure miss the climbing out there :(

d.