struts-user mailing list archives

From Henry Park <hspark...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: OT, ajax form submission
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 16:10:34 GMT

Thank you for recommending Prototype. I am trying it right now, and had a question.  When
submitting a form (using post), do I have to specify all of the form elements in the parameters
tag? Or is there some all encompassing function? Here is what I have:

      new Ajax.Request('Login!show.action',
        {
          method:'post',
          onSuccess: function(transport){
            var response = transport.responseText || "no response text";
            target_span.innerHTML = response;
          },
          onFailure: function(){ alert('Something went wrong...') }
        });

Thanks,
Henry

> Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 00:24:44 -0400> From: musachy@gmail.com> To: user@struts.apache.org>
Subject: Re: OT, ajax form submission> > I will second Zarar's opinion here, if all
you need is to make XHRs> (no fancy widgets, etc. etc), then Prototype is an excellent
choice.> Of course there are another 2e100 ajax frameworks to choose from :)> > musachy>
> On 9/29/07, Zarar Siddiqi <zarars@gmail.com> wrote:> > Well, just because
it incorporates Dojo doesn't mean you have to use> > it and are forbidden from trying
something better. By default dojo.js> > isn't dumped into your JSP/Freemarker pages
so it's not like it's> > ever-present for him to use and could get in the way. In all
my> > Struts apps I use Prototype/Scriptaculous for the Ajaxy features, I> > don't
see anything wrong with that. Besides, Prototype is> > lightweight, easy-to-use, tested
and has excellent documentation,> > hence the suggestion.> >> > Zarar>
> Zarar Siddiqi wrote:> > > > I really recommend using something like Prototype
to do your Ajax> > > > stuff. There's no need to reinvent the wheel and introduce
countless> > >> > > Struts2 incorporates DoJo, so there's not much sense>
commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org> > >> > >> >> >