struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hodgins, Grant" <GrantHodg...@SierraSystems.com>
Subject RE: [S2] ScopedModelDriven issues [newbie]
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 16:03:13 GMT
Based on the documentation I didn't think so.

The interceptor appears to be correctly persisting the object in the
session.  It just seems that the model is not being populated on form
submission.

Is there something obvious I should check to ensure that the model is
being properly populated?  Is it something to do with the getScopeKey()
method?

-----Original Message-----
From: Cory D. Wiles [mailto:kwylez@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 9:12 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [S2] ScopedModelDriven issues [newbie]

Wouldn't you also have to include the SessionAware interceptor in your
"myForm" stack as well as implement the SessionAware Interface or is
that over kill for scopedModelDriven?

On 9/28/07, ghodgins <GrantHodgins@sierrasystems.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a working example using the scopedModelDriven
> interceptor to work for a session bean?
>
> I've tried with the following:
>
> 1. define interceptor in struts.xml
>     <interceptors>
>       <interceptor name="myForm"

class="com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ScopedModelDrivenInterceptor"

>         &lt;param name="scope">session&lt;/param>
>         &lt;param name="name">myForm&lt;/param>
>         &lt;param name="className">model.MyFormBean&lt;/param>
>       </interceptor>
>     </interceptors>
>
> 2. define interceptor-ref for action(s) in struts.xml
>     <action ... >
>       <interceptor-ref name="myForm" />
>     </action>
>

> 3. Action class extends ScopedModelDriven<MyFormBean>
>
> public class MyAction extends ActionSupport implements
> ScopedModelDriven<MyFormBean> { ...
> private String scopeKey;
> private MyFormBean model;
>     public String getScopeKey() {
>         return scopeKey;
>     }
>
>     public void setScopeKey(String key) {
>         scopeKey = key;
>     }
>
>     public void setModel(MyFormBean model) {
>         this.model = model;
>     }
>
>     public MyFormBean getModel() {
>         return model;
>     }
> }
>
> 4. attempt to populate a property of MyFormBean via JSP form:
>
> <s:form ...>
>   <s:textfield name="model.property"/>
>   <s:submit />
> </s:form>
>
> With this setup, the model is persisted in the session, however, none
> of my properties are populated or preserved in subsequent
> actions/screens.
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something trivial or completely misunderstanding
> something but any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Grant
>

> Tracy12 wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has any one successfull getting ScopedModelDriven with session
> > scoped form beans,
> >
> > I tried several times and it failed, the values only remains for
> > request scope, it get reset each time.
> >
> > Is this a bug.
> >
> > Plese let us know how to proceed.
> >
> > Thanks

----Notice Regarding Confidentiality----
This email, including any and all attachments, (this "Email") is intended only for the party
to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  Sierra
Systems Group Inc. and its affiliates accept no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered
by any person resulting from any unauthorized use of or reliance upon this Email.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or
other use of this Email is prohibited.  Please notify us of the error in communication by
return email and destroy all copies of this Email.  Thank you.