struts-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Reumann" <rick.reum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inheritance within form beans
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 22:47:11 GMT
On 10/3/07, Kothari, Kailash <Kailash_Kothari@intuit.com> wrote:
> Ok, that's quite interesting..
>
> I think I just need to find a efficient way of doing the deep copy
> because my parent class has thousands of attributes in all including
> nested attributes..

Hmm "thousands" of attributes? I doubt you are letting the user edit
all of them? Obviously I don' t know your user requirements, but
wouldn't you only need to copy over things the user can edit? Is it
really 'that' much stuff (including 'that' much nested stuff) they are
actually editing? Just curious. Maybe there is a way to simplify this
a bit?