struts-user mailing list archives

From Jim Cushing <jimo...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Where is struts-*.tld
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 22:02:50 GMT
It is very different, but I'd still encourage you to play with it.
I've been using it for a few months (though I had played with WebWork
before), and I love it. I've found it light years ahead of Struts
1.x, and not nearly as frustrating as Spring MVC. It's got a learning
curve, like any framework, and some of the concepts (such as the
interceptor) seem esoteric at first, but they grow on you, and begin
to look more and more like a brilliant architecture the more I work
with them.

So, if you've got the time, it's worthwhile to learn. Good luck!

On Oct 5, 2007, at 5:55 PM, mjparme wrote:

> Yeah, I have done more reading about Struts 2 vs 1. Didn't realize
> it was
> that different. I will probably just kick back down to the most recent
> Struts 1 release so I am in known territory.
>

> Jim Cushing wrote:
>>
>> Approach Struts 2 as if you're learning a new web framework, which
>> you really are. As I see it, what Struts 2 inherits from Struts 1 is
>> the brand name, and a lot of the development and documentation talent
>> that worked on that project (and, of course, the same talent that
>> created WebWork). But, expect to find many difference in the
>> framework itself.
>>
>> On Oct 5, 2007, at 5:21 PM, mjparme wrote:
>>

>>> I downloaded Struts 2.0.9 (binary release) and the files struts-
>>> bean.tld,
>>> struts-html.tld, and struts-logic.tld is nowhere to be found. All