struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: How to improve dojo performance in Struts 2.0.9
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2007 01:04:40 GMT
Andre Prasetya wrote:
> TQ Jerome, can i combine the struts api & core of 2.1 snapshot with
> the plugins from 2.0.9 ?
I'm not sure as I haven't tried it, but I sure some will work and some
won't.  You'd be better off starting a new email thread and asking
whether the specific plugin works with 2.1.
The json plugin works.
> and do i need xwork 2.1 to use the snapshot ?

The catch with downloading a nightly 2.1 build is you'll have to
download all the new dependencies yourself.  That's why I build from
source instead.

If you follow the instructions on both the pages below you'll be able to
build everything from source, including the latest xwork.  For most
people it would be worth waiting for the first test release of 2.1
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/building-the-framework-from-source.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/building-with-maven.html